Termite activity is one of the many things we thoroughly check for during your home inspection. Termites can cost homeowners thousands of dollars in repair and extermination costs if not caught early.
Here are 5 common signs that there may be termite activity on the property:
- Crumbling baseboards or sagging floors and ceilings.
- Damage under Paint or Wallpaper
- Small pinholes where termites have eaten through
- Bubbling paint
- Peeling or discolored wallpaper
- Excessively squeaky floorboards
- Stuck windows or doors
- Termite Leave-Behinds:
- Mounds of dry wood termite pellets, often resembling small piles of salt or pepper
- Piles of wings left behind after swarms, often resembling fish scales
- Mud tubes climbing the foundation of the home