Molds can grow anywhere where moisture is present. Molds have been, are, and always will be present everywhere around us.
Exposure to mold can cause a variety of health problems, especially if you are living every day in an environment where mold is present. Sensitivity to mold can vary; some people might feel very little side effects, while others might experience severe suffering. Those who are sensitive to mold can experience nasal stuffiness, itchy throats, wheezing or coughing, and eye irritation. For people with severe mold allergies, these symptoms can be quite harsh. Additionally, people who are immune-compromised or have a history of respiratory illnesses can experience serious infections.
Mold can make its way into your home in many ways. Open doorways, vents, windows, and HVAC systems can act as an invitation for mold to enter your home. Mold can also be brought inside by attaching to your shoes, clothing, or bags from outside sources.
Mold can not only easily be brought into your home, but it can also grow in many perfect conditions you may be hosting in your house. Optimal conditions for mold are simple: all it needs is moisture. Because of this, places like leaky windows, pipes, roofs, or anywhere where there’s been flooding can be the perfect place to host a colony of mold. Mold can also grow very well on anything made of paper or wood, as well as in paint, dust, wallpaper, insulation, carpet, upholstery, and any type of fabric. Mold can truly grow and thrive anywhere in your home.
To protect and control mold inside your home, here are a few tips:
If you are unfortunate to have found mold in your home, you not only have to remove the mold, but also fix any moisture problems that have made your home the ideal place for mold to grow. To remove mold can be as simple as a water and bleach solution, but it can also be much more difficult, requiring professional help.
Mold can be easily recognizable. It often appears in spotted patterns, smelling musty, and can be many different colors. No matter what type of mold is growing in your home, it needs to be removed.
If you believe that you may have mold present in your home, please contact us.
510 east Whitney Street
houston tx 77022